Fundraising for Age Connects Torfaen – We need your help!
Do you, your children, grandchildren, friends or neighbours work for an organisation that might be willing to support our charity and the work we do in their local community? Or can you get together and spread the word about our work and organise some vital fundraising on our behalf? You and your friends and family can do so much more than you think!
Running your own fundraising event can be great fun and incredibly rewarding. Your time and efforts will help support local older people, especially those who are vulnerable, isolated, and in poverty, who depend on our services.
Here are just a few ideas to help you get started in planning your fundraising activity…
• Organise a sports event such as a charity golf day or fun run/walk.
• Hold a dress up or down day at your school or workplace.
• Plan an indulgent girls pamper parties or a tasty tea party for your friends and family.
• How about a getting everyone together to watch your favourite football/rugby team on TV, a curry night or darts night at the local.
• If kids are keen to get involved with fundraising, how about a teddy bear picnic, face painting, treasure hunt, fancy dress day at playgroup or nursery.
• Organise a fundraising race night, casino night or gala ball?
• Exercise your mind with a fundraising quiz nights, chess tournament or a treasure hunt.
• Or exercise your vocal chords with a karaoke night, concert, or "Wales has Talent" contest.
A copy of our sponsorship form can be downloaded under useful documents.
If you are planning a fundraising event in aid of Age Connects Torfaen and would like further help and advice or if you are interested in setting up a fundraising group in your local area, we would love to hear from you. Please contact: 01495 769264.